Strange rewrite behaviour

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Mar 14 21:07:08 MSK 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:19:04PM +0200, Alexander Economou wrote:

Hi there,

> Thank you for your quick reply again Francis.

You're welcome.

>             fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;

Do you have the fastcgi server running on this address? Does that server
generate any logs to report if it exits?

> location / {
>     try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$uri&$args;
>  	}
>
> but still php-cgi does not respond to any .php and after some minutes i
> get 402 gateway error.

You restart or reload nginx, then you access a particular url, and you
do not get the response you expect? The best I can suggest is "check
the logs".

If the problem is with the fastcgi server exiting, then you'll need to
investigate that. But so far, I fail to reproduce your problem.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org