Running nginx as reverse proxy with Apache, rewrite problem

shellcrash nginx-forum at
Fri Mar 18 21:42:42 MSK 2011

I'm using a cPanel plugin located here that allows me to use nginx to serve static content and Apache to serve dynamic content.  They use a method called Direct Push so that I'm still able to use my apache htaccess rules with the setup.  Tonight I've run into a problem trying to add a new rule to my .htaccess file to redirect all my mobile traffic:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (mobile|android|blackberry|brew|htc|j2me|lg|midp|mot|netfront|nokia|obigo|openweb|opera mini|palm|psp|samsung|sanyo|sch|sonyericsson|symbian|symbos|teleca|up.browser|wap|webos|windows ce) [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://url [R=302,L]

I'm constantly getting 500 internal server errors when I added this rule and the support at isn't able to help me at all.  Is there anyone out there that can provide me with some advice?