Reconfigure nginx

rok nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Mar 31 10:16:55 MSD 2011

anomalizer Wrote:
> On Mar 31, rok wrote:
> >[code]
> >sudo ./configure --sbin-path=/usr/local/sbin
> >[/code]
> >
> >So if i reconfigure,should backup config
> before?and what configure i do
> >now?
>
> First off, there is no need to run ./configure as
> sudo. It is a part of
> the install process (usually ./configure, make,
> sudo make install).
> Secondly, ./configure has nothing to do with
> config files, it is just a
> step in the gnu toolchain build process.
>
> "make install" does not overwrite existing
> configs. However, it is
> always prudent to make a backup of your nginx.conf

And what about reconfigure nginx with same configure before and add send
mail command.?I must delete old folder nginx-0.8.54 or reconfigure with
old folder?
Add mail:
--with-mail_pop3_module  --with-mail_imap_module --with-mail_smtp_module

?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,187028,187040#msg-187040