gzip compression not taken into account?

jfix nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat May 14 00:09:09 MSD 2011

Hi, I have enabled gzip compression following the wiki instructions like

location / {

 gzip on;
 gzip_min_length 1000;
 gzip_proxied expired no-cache no-store private auth;
 gzip_types text/plain application/xml text/javascript text/css
 gzip_disable "MSIE [1-6]\.";

unfortunately, both Yahoo's yslow and Google's pagespeed tell me that I
should enable compression for better performance.

How can I find out why compression doesn't seem to happen?  I've
selected the mime-types after having looked at them in chrome's web

Thank you in advance,

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,197898,197898#msg-197898