add_header works in server but not in http?

holstebm nginx-forum at
Sun May 15 18:49:34 MSD 2011

I feel a little foolish.  I checked the WIKI and it says "Note that it
just appends a new header entry to the output header list." but doesn't
say anything about the behavior you describe.  I guess I hadn't noted
this until I started moving things around so that they make more logical
sense in my config files.  I had thought add_header to be cumulative
from parent to child when the headers were different (i.e. Cache-Control
in one block, X-UA-Compatible in another).

I didn't mean to waste your time with this.  I know this is a huge
project and I very much appreciate your hard work.