searching example config for my setup

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Thu May 19 16:29:41 MSD 2011

On 18-05-11 23:28, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> On 18-05-11 22:28, Jelle de Jong wrote:
>> I am searching for an example configuration file for nginx for the
>> follow set-up:
> Looking at several snippet I made the above config, it seems to partaly
> do what I want... Is this the correct way (efficient/secure)?

server {
    listen      80;
    server_name a.powercraft.nl;
    access_log  /var/log/nginx/a.powercraft.nl.access.log;
    location / {
        proxy_set_header    Host $host;
        proxy_pass          http://192.168.24.63/;

server {
    listen      80;
    server_name b.powercraft.nl;
    access_log  /var/log/nginx/c.powercraft.nl.access.log;
    location / {
        proxy_set_header    Host $host;
        proxy_pass          http://192.168.24.63/;

server {
    listen      80;
    listen      443;
    server_name c.powercraft.nl;
    access_log  /var/log/nginx/c.powercraft.nl.access.log;
    location / {
        proxy_set_header    Host $host;
        proxy_pass          http://192.168.24.64/;

I did some more research and found:
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpProxyModule
http://wiki.nginx.org/VirtualHostExample

I came up with the above set-up that partly fills my need :)

Is it possbible to for http://192.168.24.63/ to see the IP-address of
the original browser requesting the http data? Now only the IP of the
nginx system is logged? (I know this is because of the proxy so I am
wondering if this is something that can be fixed?)

Is the configuration correct? Can it be improved? Hints & tips?

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong