lua: ngx.location.capture / limit proxy_cache individual file size

Richard Kearsley Richard.Kearsley at
Thu May 19 22:15:42 MSD 2011

Is it possible to do a version of ngx.location.capture that only does a HEAD request rather than GET?
I'm only interested in the headers returned, the body would make what I'm trying to do pointless :(

Also if anyone has another method/idea of how to do this:
I want to limit requests for files of size greater than 512000 bytes using proxy_cache and actively deny and not cache them
I tried some stuff with 'if' but it's evaluated before the upstream-content-length is set :(