loadbalancing

Jonathan Leibiusky ionathan at gmail.com
Thu May 19 23:52:54 MSD 2011

Hi!
It's been a while now that I am struggling with nginx round-robin load
balancer.
The problem that I am experiencing is that when a server goes down, the
entire upstream is not balanced anymore. The next server will get double
traffic. And if that one goes down, the next one will get 3 times the
traffice, and so on.

If I have something like this:

server localhost max_fails=2 fail_timeout=60s;

Does it mean that as soon as I get 2 fails within 60s it will mark the
server as down without waiting the entire 60s? or is it going to wait 60s to
mark the server down?

If it waits 60s, how can I use round-robin and make sure that when a server
goes down the rest will get traffic evenly?

Thanks,

Jonathan