[Cherokee] Benchmarks of cherokee vs nginx

Tony Zakula tonyzakula at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:15:12 MSD 2011

Right, as with any benchmark, it is better to say up front what
conditions you tested with, how you tested, and what variables were
involved.

So myhost.com, with this VPS package, with Cherokee configured this
way, and Nginx configured this way, etc.

It is not a "this doesn't count card" to you, but it is for most
people.  I am happy to see people share, after all, the conclusion
would be, migrate to a host that better supports Cherokee if you love
using it, or ask your host to tweak their VPS if you cannot get the
benchmarks acceptable.  The conclusion is not that Nginx is better
than Cherokee.

Even those memory and cpu numbers are totally fake.  They are software
numbers fed by OpenVZ to the container.

Tony