SMTP or POP3 Authentication

Parker, Joshua josh at
Fri May 27 08:17:10 MSD 2011

I am trying to use smtp connection for an email marketing software and would like to use smtp or pop3, but I am not sure where to start. I have in /root/auth/ but I am not sure if that is write. If the previous is correct, is this also correct in nginx.conf:

mail { auth_http; pop3_capabilities "TOP" "USER";
 smtp_auth plain login; server { listen 110; protocol pop3; proxy on; } }

If none of the above is correct, can you point me in the write direction or documentation on how to accomplish this? Thanks.

Parker, Joshua
Sent with Sparrow (