Getting All Documentation Under One Roof

Jack Desert jackdesert556 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 23:38:18 MSD 2011

Hi,

Can I get a raise of hands who is interested in a more cohesive partnership between these two sites:

  nginx.org
  wiki.nginx.org

and what thoughts you have on the best way to do it?

I'm new to Nginx and this mailing list, but I want to help out with documentation. I spent most of yesterday editing the english wiki at wiki.nginx.org. My goal was to make it as coherent as possible, and add the necessary "Getting Started" links to the various pages since it took me forever to find what I was looking for originally. I also fixed a couple places where if you hit the wrong link it takes you to a page in Russian.

The next wave I'd like to pursue is to blend the English wiki and the english nginx.org site into a more cohesive whole. For example, there are only a few official documents in English--and a lot of english info on the wiki. Why not have them both in the same place? Or at least clear links from one to the other.

My goal, of course, is for all the newbies out there who come along behind me to be able to find exactly they're looking for on the first try.

Jack Desert

Technical Writer / Programmer