Getting All Documentation Under One Roof

Eugaia ngx.eugaia at gmail.com
Sat May 28 02:19:34 MSD 2011

Hi,
> On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 15:38 -0400, Jack Desert wrote:
>
> Can I get a raise of hands who is interested in a more cohesive partnership between these two sites:
>
>    nginx.org
>    wiki.nginx.org
>
> and what thoughts you have on the best way to do it?
I think that it would be good to have a bot automatically check pages on
nginx.org, which would add a notification to the wiki.nginx.org site
when a new page was added or an existing one was edited.  This would
probably make it easier for those who wish to keep the wiki up-to-date,
since they wouldn't need to search for what needed checking.  There
could also be a section on the notification page for wiki editors to say
that they have looked over the changes and made edits etc, so less
duplication of checking is done.

If the change notifications could have diff information, or perhaps
otherwise identify which configuration directives etc had been added or
changed, this would make the task even easier.

I agree that linking to the original docs would also be useful.

Cheers,

Marcus.