Proxy_upstrem error

Felipe José Diniz diniz at
Tue Nov 1 19:22:47 UTC 2011

We are using nginx 0.7.67, and we need to filter a specific error, and match it with proxy_next_upstream.
The error we need is when a client send a Connection Reset. I believe nginx filter it with "proxy_next_upstream error" along with all the others connection errors. For ours application the reset error must be the only one filtered and then the nginx would use proxy_next_upstream to send the request to another machine.

Is there a way to do such filter in nginx configuration?

Felipe Diniz