Match all requests

Ilan Berkner ilan at
Sun Nov 13 15:57:53 UTC 2011

I have this location configuration:

        location /
                index  maintenance.htm;
                error_page 404 = maintenance.htm;
                log_not_found off;

which I thought captures all requests, however, entering "/index.php" for
example, causes the file to be downloaded instead of going to the
"maintenance.htm" file.  How can I capture all requests?

Ilan Berkner
Chief Technology Officer

6300 NE 1st Ave., Suite 203
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954) 771-0914

<> <> - Online interactive curriculum for home use, PreK-8th
Grade. - Online writing tutorials for high, middle, and
elementary school students. - A forum to chat with parents online about kids,
education, parenting and more. - Online vocabulary and spelling activities for teachers,
parents and students.