shibboleth and authorizer mode

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Nov 21 11:17:32 UTC 2011

Hello!

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 06:08:09AM -0500, vanderkerkoff wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I need to confirm something for a work colleague
>
> This page
>
> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/NativeSPFastCGIConfig
>
>  states this
>
> "Nginx has fastcgi responder support but not the "authorizer" mode
> needed for the filter. Until this support exists nginx cannot be used in
> this way."
>
> Can anyone confirm that is still the case?  If so, are there any plans
> to remedy this situation?  If not, please say, I just need to let
> someone else know.

Confirmed: nginx doesn't support fastcgi authorizer role (as well
as fastcgi filter role).

There are no plans to fix this.  If you need functionality mostly
identical to fastcgi authorizers (but not bound to fastcgi), you
may want to take a look at auth_request module,

http://mdounin.ru/hg/ngx_http_auth_request_module/