Nginx DSO(dynamic loadable module)

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Nov 30 10:22:21 UTC 2011

Hello!

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 02:19:47PM +0900, Tsukasa Hamano wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wrote nginx dso module and tested GNU/Linux i386/x86_64.
> https://github.com/hamano/nginx-mod-so
>
> Also this module working independent from main unit, but It need
> slightly modification of the nginx build script.
>
> https://github.com/hamano/nginx-mod-so/blob/master/patches/nginx-1.0.9-mod-so.patch
>
> Can you review and apply patches?

Unfortunately, this won't work even if implemented properly.  Most
serious issue is that there should be ABI compatibility maintained
and checked, this is not currently the case even within single
unmodified nginx release: there are configure arguments which
change layout of various internal structures.

Other problems include e.g. proper handling of reloads.