Best way to burst static file cache

tcbarrett nginx-forum at
Sun Oct 2 12:34:20 UTC 2011

kaspars Wrote:
> Well, if you set cache to expire 30 years from now
> the browser should honor that, that is if no
> Last-Modified is set.

I have it set to 30m (30 minutes, right?). If I update, for example,
some css files and then a do a hard refresh on a) a Mac then I get the
new css or b) Windows 7 then I keep getting the cached css files.

Is there any technique to burst this caching. It might not be a 'pure
nginx' solution, but anything that could be supported by an nginx config