Question regarding Nginx Configuration

dougconran nginx-forum at
Mon Oct 3 13:12:15 UTC 2011

Igor Sysoev Wrote:

> Locations, Directories, and other blocks in the
> global server
> configuration is one of features I never liked in
> Apache, so
> this is reason why they were not implemented in
> nginx.
> --
> Igor Sysoev

I guess that is certainly enough reason not to include them in Nginx -
and thank you for making a very good alternative available, I certainly
couldn't do any better!

My question, originally, was about whether I had correctly understood
how to construct the conf file; or whether it could be done more
efficiently and I had not understood how to do that.

However, my config works and it was a lot easier than Apache - maybe I
should just count my blessings.