Content-length Missing when response proxy_pass a special backend

fzuslide nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Oct 10 04:03:56 UTC 2011

Hi, Maxim,
     Thanks for your replies.
      I got the reason when my partner check his code.
      Trouble shooting:
            If the backend did not set  "Content-Length" or "Chunked" in
headers , nginx will use chunked as default, but curl and firefox  will
use "Content-Length" as default. This makes me lose direction for the
problem, lol.
            So if backend set "Content-Length" in his response headers,
 everything is ok!

      Btw, If I want use gzip for downloading, is there any method
support use "Content-Length" ? I look up GzipStaticModule document,
there is not introduction for this.
      With kind Regards!

fzuslide

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,216427,216449#msg-216449