Re: why my php file in subdirectory doesn't work?

suttles nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Oct 11 14:53:26 UTC 2011

I have similar problem. I can get the index.php to display in the
document root, but when I type www.mydomain.com/administrator it will
not pull the index.php, but if I type
www.mydomain.com/administrator/index.php, it will bring the page up. So
is this a configuration file issue or a rewrite issue. I need to resolve
this due to the fact I have some joomla installs that have a root joomla
install and then a subdirectory of joomla installed and I must be able
to get the server to respond to the sub-directory index.php files.

I am new to NGINX and let me say it is awesome, but I still have a lot
to learn.

Thx
Suttles

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,215921,216516#msg-216516