Best Practice question about log handling/storage

Pekka.Panula at sofor.fi Pekka.Panula at sofor.fi
Wed Oct 12 08:44:25 UTC 2011

Hi

How should we share nginx web access logs for later analyzing for eg.
awstats.
Do you setup nfs server for nginx server or should we put out separate nfs
server where nginx should save logs. How do you do it?

We dont want lockups/singlepoint of failures, like when you have nfs
server where nginx saves logs and that nfs server goes down so goes nginx
because nfs connection is broken and it cant write/read from nfs server.
Pekka Panula | Jatkuvat palvelut | Sofor Oy | www.sofor.fi
Takakaarre 3 | PL 51 |FIN-62201 KAUHAVA | tel. +358 6 432 3111 | fax. +358
Mob. + 358 50 384 3232 | pekka.panula at sofor.fi