Nginx rewrite: last & break

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 04:19:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:

> Processing of rewrite directives at server level may be stopped
> via break, but the location lookup will follow anyway (as there is
> no location at this stage where request may be processed).
>
> Note original documentation doesn't say anything about "breakes
> location lookup cycle ...".  It's looks like it was added by
> Agentzh here:
>
> http://wiki.nginx.org/index.php?title=HttpRewriteModule&action=historysubmit&diff=7141&oldid=6736

Yes, I forgot to take into account server-level rewrites. And sorry
about that. But what I said is correct for location-level rewrites,
no?

We definitely need more clarification here. And in fact, location jump
actually happens in post-rewrite phase handler for location-wise
rewrites! LOL

Regards,
-agentzh