ngx_lua post data error/bug?

Nginx User nginx at nginxuser.net
Fri Oct 21 19:43:03 UTC 2011

On 21 October 2011 21:06, Nginx User <nginx at nginxuser.net> wrote:
> This is a follow on from:
> http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx/2011-October/029905.html
>
> The conditional statements take care of the basic error but what
> happens is that when "post" requests match any of the test regexes, an
> error is thrown ...
> "lua handler aborted: runtime error: attempt to yield across
> metamethod/C-call boundary blah, blah, blah".
>
> It appears this is due to a limitation in Lua 5.1 ...

Testing shows that the error is generated because of the
'dofile("/etc/nginx/regex_rules.lua")' line.

I.E., when the regex rules are placed directly in the
access_by_lua_file, a hit on a regex is processed as expected.
When the rules are included using the dofile function, a hit on a
regex results in the "attempt to yield across