Highest requests per second - what is considered top performance?

Ilan Berkner ilan at time4learning.com
Sun Oct 23 19:47:55 UTC 2011

Thanks.

I ran them in 2 separate shells concurrently (as best I could) and got about
the same result, i.e. 10K req. / sec. per each "ab" test, so it does look as
if the bottleneck is the testing tool.

I would like to see > 50,000 req. / sec. ultimately in a controlled testing
environment, what is the best way to try and achieve that?  Running "ab" in
"n" different shells at the same time is an option, but difficult.

Is there a better way?