Questions about stub status numbers

Ilan Berkner ilan at
Thu Oct 27 19:57:51 UTC 2011

Below is a snapshot of what the stub status returns:

Active connections: 2617 server accepts handled requests 15883769
15883769 52195337 Reading: 96 Writing: 56 Waiting: 2465

Is the fact that we have 2K+ processes waiting a problem, meaning, on a high
traffic, optimized server, should the number of waiting connections be much

Let me ask different, is having 2K+ connections waiting considered a
problem?  Should that number ideally be as close to "0" as possible?

Ilan Berkner
Chief Technology Officer

6300 NE 1st Ave., Suite 203
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954) 771-0914

<> <> - Online interactive curriculum for home use, PreK-8th
Grade. - Online writing tutorials for high, middle, and elementary
school students. - A forum to chat with parents online about kids,
education, parenting and more. - Online vocabulary and spelling activities for teachers,
parents and students.