Apache .htaccess to Nginx rewrite

morayi nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Oct 31 15:20:50 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I have a WP plugin and one of the futures is locking down the folder
based on access level of the member. But they only support .htaccess /
Apache.

I don't want to scrap my nice NGINX installation for this problem. Can
you any of you help me in converting the following .htaccess files to
nginx config?

Thanks,

=====

each folder has a .htaccess file and they are as follows

/files/Silver/.htaccess

Options FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^Silver/*
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?wlmfolder=Silver&restoffolder=$1 [L]

/files/Gold/.htaccess

RewriteEngine on
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^Silver/*
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?wlmfolder=Gold&restoffolder=$1 [L]

/files/Platinum/.htaccess

RewriteEngine on
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  ^Silver/*
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?wlmfolder=Platinum&restoffolder=$1 [L]

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,217553,217553#msg-217553