[ANN] ngx_lua v0.3.0 released: new regex API, request args API, header filter hooks, and more

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 08:24:50 UTC 2011

Hello, folks!

After two months' active development of our contributors, I'm happy to
announce the v0.3.0 release of our ngx_lua module.

You can get the release tarball from the download page:

    https://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module/downloads

This release contains a new PCRE regex API for Lua, an API for
retrieving parsed URI query arguments and POST query arguments, as
well as the new hooks that allow you to define nginx header filters
directly in Lua.

Also, the special "ngx.ctx" table is implemented so that you can store
arbitrary Lua values into this data which will have a lifetime
identical to the current nginx request.

There's many more new features and bug fixes that you can find out in
the following complete change log for this release:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#v0.3.0

Special thanks go to our contributors and users, Liseen Wan, Lance, Ou
Yuanning, Bertrand Mansion (golgote), James Hurst, Patrick Crosby,
Bill Donahue, Jiang Dapao, and others.

This module embeds the Lua interpreter or LuaJIT into the nginx core
and integrates the powerful Lua threads (aka Lua coroutines) into the
nginx event model by means of nginx subrequests.

Unlike Apache's mod_lua and Lighttpd's mod_magnet, Lua code written
atop this module can be 100% non-blocking on network traffic as long
as you use the ngx.location.capture or ngx.location.capture_multi
interfaces to let the nginx core do all your requests to mysql,
postgresql, memcached, redis, upstream http web services, and etc etc
etc.

This module is also included and enabled by default in our
ngx_openresty bundle: http://openresty.org/

You can find the complete documentation for this module on the
following wiki page:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule

And you always get the latest source code from the git repository here:

    https://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module

Have fun!
-agentzh