Storing URI in a cookie

Rami Essaid rami.essaid at
Fri Sep 2 20:42:39 UTC 2011

I dont know why I am struggling with this so much but I need a bit of help.
 I am trying to redirect users to a verification page and then back to their
original requested URI but because of the rewrite I lose both the $uri and
$request_uri variables.  I figure the easiest way to solve this problem is
to store the original URI in a cookie and read it from that after the
verification page.  I cant seem to store the cookie correctly and read it
back.  Can anyone provide some direction?  Also, is there any risk that by
doing this I disrupt other cookies being stored by my application?