[ANN] The lua-rds-parser Lua library and ngx_rds_csv nginx module

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 05:22:24 UTC 2011

Hello!

Recently I wrote a Lua C library named lua-rds-parser for the
ngx_openresty [1] world that we can now efficiently parse Resty DBD
Stream (RDS) formatted data generated by ngx_drizzle [2] and
ngx_postgres [3] into Lua data structures without using JSON as the
intermediate data format. This can save both CPU time and memory for
web applications running atop ngx_lua [4].

Here is the project homepage for this Lua library:

   https://github.com/agentzh/lua-rds-parser

Also, there's a new Nginx filter module named ngx_rds_csv that can
convert RDS output into the Comma-Separated Values (CSV) format in a
streaming fashion:

    https://github.com/agentzh/rds-csv-nginx-module

Both of these two components have already been included and enabled by
default in the latest ngx_openresty stable release [5] :)

Enjoy!
-agentzh

[1] http://openresty.org
[2] http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpDrizzleModule