php-fastcgi always exits.. resulting in 502 bad gateway

Edho P Arief edho at
Thu Sep 22 11:55:44 UTC 2011

On Sep 22, 2011 6:44 PM, "Lintu" <nginx-forum at> wrote:
> I'm running Debian Lenny which has only php 5.2 :(
> I tried apt-get install php5-fpm and php-fpm, but both don't work. How
> to get it on Debian Lenny? I cant compile php on my own...

Install supervisord. You can then create as many php-cgi processes using
supervisord which will be automatically restarted upon killed.

I usually use virtualenv to create dedicated python environment for

- extract virtualenv to /opt
- create supervisord environment by issuing
/opt/virtualenv/ /opt/supervisor
- install supervisord
/opt/supervisor/bin/easy_install supervisor
- configure accordingly (check its documentation)