Config help needed

Ian Hobson ian.hobson at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 22 13:29:38 UTC 2011

Hi All,

My site is wordpress, and configured as follows.

# Statements for KindleMonster.com  virtual server
server {
     listen   80;
     #
     server_name kindlemonster.com www.kindlemonster.com;
     root /var/www/kindlemonster.com/htdocs;
     access_log  /var/www/kindlemonster.com/access.log;
     index index.php index.html index.htm;
     #
     # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
     #
     error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
     # protect usage stats
     location ^~ /usage/ {
       auth_basic "Hello, please login";
       auth_basic_user_file /var/www/kindlemnonster.com/passwords;
     }
     # all  .php requests to fastcgi using uri.
     location ~ \.php$ {
         include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
         fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
         # fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
     }
     try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php;
}

Wordpress works just fine. I have just uploaded a new file to /form.php
and when
I try to browse to it I get the super helpful error message of

No input file specified.

The log says its a 404.

OK - Why do all the wordpress files (mostly php) work just fine, and my
new file does not?

Thanks

Ian