HttpHealthcheckModule server not marked down

Sjaak Pieterse sjaak23 at
Thu Sep 22 20:34:52 UTC 2011

Hi there,

i'm trying to use the HttpHealthcheckModule for nginx, but i have some
troubles with it.

i have two servers in my upstream, when sabotaging the health for one
server i see in the status view of healthcheck that the server is
down(1), but if i go to the website i'm checking i still come out on
it and see a broken page.

how can i arrange that the server automatically is marked as down when
the check fails?

sorry for my bad english and maybe noob questions.

 upstream www-health{
        server x.x.x.1 ;
        server x.x.x.2 ;
    healthcheck_delay 10000 ;
    healthcheck_timeout 1000;
    healthcheck_failcount 2;
    #healthcheck_expected 'I_AM_ALIVE';
    #Important: HTTP/1.0
    healthcheck_send "GET / HTTP/1.0" 'Host:'
'Conection: close' ;

nginx: nginx version: nginx/1.0.6
nginx: built by gcc 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5)
nginx: TLS SNI support enabled
nginx: configure arguments: --with-http_ssl_module
--prefix=/usr/local/nginx-1.0.6 --with-debug

peckhardt at test-nginx:~/nginx-1.0.6$patch -p1 <

hope someone would help me.