why my php file in subdirectory doesn't work?

baalchina nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Sep 28 02:56:40 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I am working on an centos6 with nginx 1.0.6, php 5.3.6, and fpm.

I found that php file in my subdirectory returns a 404,but in nginx home
direcory works fine.

For example , a phpinfo.php file works fine in /data/web/, where
/data/web is my nginx document root. Buy the same file in /data/web/sub,
the browser and nginx both tell a 404 error.

Here is my nginx config file:

    server {
        listen       80;
        server_name  abc.example.com;

        location / {
            root   /data/web/;
            index  index.html index.htm index.php;

    location ~ .*\.(php|php5)?$
        {
        fastcgi_pass  127.0.0.1:9000;
        fastcgi_index index.php;
        include fastcgi.conf;
        fastcgi_connect_timeout 300;
        fastcgi_send_timeout 300;
        fastcgi_read_timeout 300;
        fastcgi_buffer_size 64k;
        fastcgi_buffers 4 64;
        fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 128k;
        fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 128k;

btw, static file such as html works fine.

Thans a lot.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,215921,215921#msg-215921