PHP with FPM on Gentoo

locojohn nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Apr 4 11:46:05 UTC 2012

Silvio Siefke Wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Could someone possibly provide me the USE flags
> available
> if someone has run Nginx, PHP and Fpm.

/etc/make.conf:

NGINX_MODULES_HTTP="access autoindex browser charset \
  empty_gif fastcgi flv geoip gzip limit_zone \
  map proxy rewrite stub_status upstream_ip_hash \
  upload_progress"

/etc/portage/package.use:

www-servers/nginx aio

dev-lang/php -* fpm cli bcmath ssl ctype curl fileinfo filter ftp gd
hash iconv json mysqlnd mysql mysqli nls pcntl pcre posix readline
reflection session simplexml
 sharedmem spl sysvipc tokenizer truetype unicode xml zlib xmlreader
xmlwriter

---

www-servers/nginx-1.1.18::x-portage  USE="aio http http-cache pcre ssl
-debug -ipv6 -libatomic -pcre-jit -vim-syntax"
NGINX_MODULES_HTTP="access autoindex browser charset empty_gif fastcgi
flv geoip gzip limit_zone map proxy rewrite stub_status upload_progress
upstream_ip_hash -addition -auth_basic -cache_purge -dav -degradation
-geo -gzip_static -headers_more -image_filter -limit_req -memcached -mp4
-passenger -perl -push -random_index -realip -referer -scgi -secure_link
-slowfs_cache -split_clients -ssi -sub -upload -userid -uwsgi -xslt"
NGINX_MODULES_MAIL="-imap -pop3 -smtp" 0 kB

dev-lang/php-5.3.10-r2  USE="bcmath cli ctype curl fileinfo filter fpm
ftp gd hash iconv json mysql mysqli mysqlnd nls pcntl posix readline
session sharedmem simplexml ssl sysvipc tokenizer truetype unicode xml
xmlreader xmlwriter zlib -apache2 -berkdb -bzip2 -calendar -cdb -cgi
-cjk -crypt -curlwrappers -debug -doc -embed -enchant -exif -firebird
-flatfile (-frontbase) -gdbm -gmp -imap -inifile -intl -iodbc -ipv6
-kerberos -kolab -ldap -ldap-sasl -libedit -mhash -mssql
-oci8-instant-client -odbc -pdo -phar -pic -postgres -qdbm -recode -snmp
-soap -sockets -spell -sqlite -sqlite3 -suhosin (-sybase-ct) -threads
-tidy -wddx -xmlrpc -xpm -xsl -zip" 0 kB

> Has set again the IPs, which permissions must habe Unix sockets?
Owner
> is normal, nginx but chmod?

The socket file configured in php-fpm.conf should be readable and
writeable by nginx.  Naturally, if socket owner/group in php-fpm are set
to nginx:nginx, nginx should work with php fpm over socket connection
just fine.

One question: do you use selinux?  Any specific Gentoo installation?
Please send me your /etc/make.conf file.

Andrejs

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,224804,224931#msg-224931