all visitor have same IP (my server IP)

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Apr 12 08:05:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:42:25PM -0400, activa wrote:

Hi there,

> is normal to see alot of connexion from my server ip  in the port 80 ?

>From your server port 80? No, that's not normal. But that's not what
you're showing.

To your server port 80 is normal; and to your server port 8081 is normal.

> netstat -lanp | grep :80 | awk '{print $5}' | cut -d: -f1 | sort | uniq
> -c | sort -n

This will include all of the connections from the world to your :80
server, plus all of the connections from your server to your :8081 server.

(I'm assuming that you proxy_pass to your_ip:8081.)

>    2029 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  (this is ip server ) .
>
> nginx is a proxy for apache (port 8081) .

You haven't shown that configuration yet.

Can you show the configuration of the location{} where you proxy_pass? You
will want to make sure that the "proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;"
line is active there -- either because it is in that location, or because
it is inherited into it.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org