Performance choking around 400 req/sec ???

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Thu Apr 12 15:16:29 UTC 2012

> I have increased hard/soft limit to 30K/10K. My machine is reasonably powerful (quad-core i7 with 8gb RAM) and during the tests,
> CPU load is
pretty low.
> I used apache bench to do performance testing and I am hitting a static file on local filesystem. I ran the test from 2 different
machines (nginx is on the 3rd machine) and used the following command on each starting at the same time:

> Transfer rate:          8654.48 [Kbytes/sec] received

To be sure - what is your network speed (on the testboxes too)?
In case it's like 100mbit then running 'ab' on 2 remote boxes each doing 8Mb/s download pretty much saturates the whole link and
there is nothing nginx can do.

Have you tried to do a local (on the same box) 'ab' bench or with smaller file like 1kb ?

rr