KeepAlive Not Working as expected for a Reverse Proxy Scenario

Valentin V. Bartenev ne at vbart.ru
Thu Apr 12 19:36:01 UTC 2012

On Thursday 12 April 2012 23:00:09 Rajnesh Kumar Siwal wrote:
> Thanks Valentin, I have compiled 1.1.18.
> Can we consider the development release 1.1.18 to be stable ?
> Will it be safe to use it in production environment ?

Nginx "stable" branch provides API and behavior stability. Both branches are
reliable to use in production, but when you use "devel" you should read change
logs slightly more careful before update to the new version.

You may consider to update to the 1.1.19 which was released today, especially if
you use mp4 module, because of security issue:

  http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-announce/2012/000080.html

Also note, that the 1.1 "devel" branch will become 1.2, the new "stable" in a
few weeks:

  http://trac.nginx.org/nginx/roadmap

 wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev