How make nginx write cache files in 770 permissions instead of 700?

António P. P. Almeida appa at
Sun Apr 15 22:13:04 UTC 2012

On 15 Abr 2012 22h18 CEST, tdgh2323 at wrote:

> Hello all,
> I included a special user into the nginx group with the purpose of
> giving privilege to be able to delete or read nginx cache files. The
> problem is nginx writes these in 700 mode. What is the simplest way
> I can achieve what I want? Perhaps forcing nginx to write cache
> files in 770 ?

Isn't it simpler and potentially safer to use a setuid wrapper?

I like super:

You can create a wrapper command that grants the right to delete the
cache files to a specific user.

--- appa