Registering Nginx callback in external library

Sammy Raul sammyraul1 at
Thu Apr 19 08:39:22 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Here's what I wanted to do:

1) I wanted to write a Nginx location handler for example "/mylocation"
which when invoked should call another program to get the response.

2) The other external program provides a client library where we can
register callbacks.

3) The external program will call the callback when the data is available.

I wanted to know if I am using an external library and one of the external
API is asking for registering callback, how i can achieve this in Nginx.

I cannot give any function from my handler, as that is called internally by
the nginx Core.

Please guide me how I can register a callback inside Nginx which will be
called by the external program.