Caching images with memcached

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Apr 19 16:02:20 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:56:21AM -0400, utahemre wrote:

> I focused same topic that you are said about.
>
> I am using spymemcached client to write the cache and nginx read wrong
> data.
>
> After your reply i tried to write with whalin memcached client and tried
> to read both spymemcached and nginx. Neither nginx nor spymemcached can
> read data from cache.
>
> Does nginx have any configuration that i configure  which memcached
> client nginx use? Or anyone know which memcached client can run with
> nginx properly?

More or less any memcached client can work properly with nginx,
you just need to figure out how to write raw data into memcached
from your client, i.e. without compression, serialization and so
on.  In case of Perl clients it's more or less default behaviour
for all modules I know (Cache::Memcached, Cache::Memcached::Fast)
as long as you write scalars to memcached.  No idea about Java.