can't access sub directories

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Apr 19 19:31:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 01:18:14PM -0400, sirvon wrote:

Hi there,

> with my current config, i can access the root directory
> but i cant access any directory below it...

With that configuration, I'd expect that any non-php request to a url
that starts http://sourcemarine.net/ would be served directly from the
filesystem below /usr/share/nginx/html/sourcemarine.net

I'm not able to work out how you want php requests to be handled.

After "fastcgi_pass", the configuration becomes unclear. By which I mean
"probably broken".

So, when you say "cant access any directory below it": can you nominate
one specific url, and say what you actually get when you fetch it,
and say what you expect to get when you fetch it?

I suspect that the output of something like

curl -i http://sourcemarine.net/one/two

will be useful.

If the problem is with the php configuration, then can you describe how
you would like the request to be handled?

As in, if I access http://sourcemarine.net/one/two.php/three, which php
file do you want "the system" to read and process?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org