Proxying webmin

Ian M. Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Thu Aug 2 19:23:09 UTC 2012

I sometime like to work in the quiet environs of the local library.
They've recently blocked access to various ports, so I can't ssh, sftp or
even go to webmin which is usually at port 10000.

I understand I can have nginx proxy, say example.com/admin to
example.com:10000, but I'm wondering if anyone out there is currently
doing this and are there any pitfalls I should watch out for on either the
nginx or webmin side.

Currently _at_ the library so I can't attempt any of this right now.
Figured I'd send the email in case I might have some answers when I get
home. :-)