Rewrite PHP block older browsers

leeus nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Aug 8 11:24:39 UTC 2012

I have the following config file that works for everything but PHP
pages.

I am trying to get everything as an ancient_browser to add /IE/ in the
URL. Essentially changing the root for these clients although you cannot
set this within an if.  This is working for anything not .php and loads
the content silently from the /IE/ content.

If I add the rewrite within the PHP location it doesn't work either. Any
ideas?

location / {
    if ($ancient_browser) {
        rewrite  ^(.*)$ /IE/$1 break;