how nginx cache manager delete file cached on disk

Don Zhou dzhou at netdna.com
Fri Aug 10 02:02:13 UTC 2012

We used nginx proxy to cache lots of static files. Our monitoring tool
showed that the write I/O on the server spike once a day on 4am GMT time
and server will slow down significantly because of the high IO. I couldn't
find any cron that can cause this. I am guessing it might be the nginx
cache manager was clearing the disk cache once a day.

We have cache setting like: proxy_cache_path  /cache levels=2:2:2
keys_zone=cache:2000m inactive=1d max_size=400000m;

Any idea? Thanks!