Configure specific upstream node to spit 30x error

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Aug 15 21:30:45 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 05:12:43PM -0400, TECK wrote:

> Thank you, Maxim. Related to second part of my question:
> Will the POST be passed properly to next node, if first one fails? If is
> not, is there a configuration setting that will enable that feature?

Once you return 307 redirect to a client - it's up to a client to
decide what to do.

If you want nginx to pass requests to a next upstream server, just
leave proxy_next_upstream as set by default to "error timeout".
It works for all request methods.

See here for details:
http://nginx.org/r/proxy_next_upstream