add_header isn't taking effect

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 23:31:54 UTC 2012

It actually seems like if I add_header in one scope somewhere it will
ignore in another.

For example I have one gratuitous add_header at the server {} level -
with a different name.

Then I add one on the location level.

Then I have one come from the upstream.

I could reproduce it reliably by adding an add_header somewhere and it
would drop the other one out. I also have two environments with nearly
exact configurations and one passes all 3 headers I want vs. 2 headers
consistently. Very odd.