Odd 500 Internal Server Error with a Wordpress file (NGINX & PHP-FPM)

jonarmstrong nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Aug 28 12:59:04 UTC 2012

I ran into the same problem (my Pages and Media lists were also empty,
though the interface still showed the counts of each). I was running
Wordpress in a subdirectory for testing and had copied a config from a
tutorial for that particular setup. This line turned out to be the culprit:

fastcgi_split_path_info ^(/wordpress)(/.*)$;

I removed it with no ill effects that I can see so far and the admin pages
now work as expected.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,229298,230201#msg-230201