Issue with SNI/SSL and default_server

Igor Sysoev igor at sysoev.ru
Tue Aug 28 16:54:01 UTC 2012

On Aug 28, 2012, at 9:25 , bompus wrote:

> Good to know. Thank you for checking on this. If you could add this
> information to the documentation for SNI and/or SSL, that would be helpful
> for others.

We will add. BTW, using SNI for IP addresses is forbidden by RFC:

   Currently, the only server names supported are DNS hostnames;
   however, this does not imply any dependency of TLS on DNS, and other
   name types may be added in the future (by an RFC that updates this
   document).

Safari is the only browser in our tests which uses SNI for IP addresses.

--
Igor Sysoev