nginx and tomcat integrated but how to serve static files

Irfan Khan irfan.khan at
Fri Dec 7 11:08:20 UTC 2012

Hi pals,

I have my applications running on tomcat and to improve performance I have
put nginx infront.Nginx proxy pass successfully pass all request to tomcat

There are some html static files and images in my application which I don't
to be served by tomcat. again, I am trying to as much as performance boost
for my app.

I am tried to do some research but unable to get solutions.

please see my current config ans suggest!

server {
index index.html index.htm;
server_name localhost;
location / {