List of all request headers in perl?

E. Westbrook nginx at
Tue Dec 18 03:48:49 UTC 2012

I'm very confused...  there's not an "$r" to be seen at that link.
Perhaps I asked the original question poorly, or in the wrong place?

Thanks again,

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Bob S. <farseas at> wrote:

    This may help:

    View HTTP Request and Response Header

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM, E. Westbrook <nginx at> wrote:

    I'm new to the list; so please accept my apologies and do kindly
    correct me if I've missed something in my research, or if I'm not
    complying with any particular social custom or etiquette on this list.

    I'm using nginx's integrated perl support, and all is going well so
    far, but I'm missing one critical thing right now:  a way to get a
    list of all of the request headers.

    I can certainly use $r->header_in() to obtain any given specific
    header, which works well if I know the header in advance -- but in
    my case I need to iterate all of the incoming request headers, even
    (especially, actually) headers whose presence I would not have

    I do see some references to Nginx modules on CPAN, and in at least
    one of those, a $r->headers_in() method...  but those modules are
    not the same animal as the built-in "nginx" module, are they.

    Please help!